Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: GPA 515C

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fallot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread about reliable shop on internet. I finally got to talk to Bill on the phone. After many, many phone calls, I finally bought two pairs of 288 compressive drivers, and they will be send to me soon. During my conversation with him, I asked him about the availability of Altec 515C. To my surprise, he told me that GPA make new 515Cs, and exactly like the original Altec 515C. He even use alnico magnets. My question to you is that does any of you use GPA 515C on your system? How do they compare in terms of sonic characteristic and spec wise? Is it wise to buy the GPA 515C or is the Altec a better choice? Thanks for your inputs.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    i would say an old alinco motor would at the very least need to be re magged, that and we've all had experience with less the reputable sellers. given the fact that gpa's woopers are brand new and the packaging is exellent, if the c model is what your after then, bills are the ones to get. i did look through winisd's data banks, and the c model does seem to play lower. however, i have no personal experience with these woofers. alinco, to my ears are smoother, very detailed sounding speakers

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Todd

    The links for the LF and XOver seem to be broken.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    The latest update to Bill's current website (still working on the new one: the power being out here in Oklahoma sure made a mess of getting anything done this past week) has four new products on it!

    They are:

    * The 416-8C
    * The 515-8C
    * The 515-8LF
    and
    * The N1600-8A Crossover (for the 604-8H-II).

    Check them out here:

    http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/downloads.html

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    OOPS!

    Uploaded them to the wrong place - try them now.

    Thanks, and sorry about that!

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any idea why that particular brand (Bosun) of capacitor is used? I can't find any information on the net about them....

    I don't know the relative quality of that brand, but would upgrading to Hovland's or MusicCaps make a difference?

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Todd, I am having trouble opening the 515-8C and 416-8C PDFs. Acrobat starts but before the files are loaded I get an error message ?Error reading linearized hint data.? I can open the other sheets from that page but these two give me trouble.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    FWIW, i think it's an issue between those PDF's and IE. I have the same problem with my windows PC, but they open just fine in Firefox on the Linux platform.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I?m having the trouble in windows using Mozilla or IE. I get an additional error when I try IE but the end result is the same.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    There may be a problem with your computer - you're the only one I know of having difficulty opening them...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.